Affirming Trust in Mind
Non-separation informs our action
March 3 - May 5
The Great Way is not difficult for those who hold no preferences. When longing and aversion are both absent, everything becomes clear and undisguised. Make the smallest distinction, however, and heaven and earth are set infinitely apart. If you wish to see the truth, then hold no opinion for or against. The struggle of likes and dislikes is the disease of the mind…
Shinjinmei by Kanchi Sosan, (d.606)
- Recommended Text: Trust in Mind, Mu Soeng, Wisdom Publications, 2015
- Opening the Hand of Thought, Uchiyama, 2004.
- Zen Teachings in Challenging Times, Temple Ground Press, 25 contemporary women teachers, 2018.
- Verses with introduction. characters, and pronunciation Link
- Translations and commentary by Blyth Link
- Another translation, Affirming Faith in Mind Link
- Joshin at Upaya, podcast, 1 in series of 3 Link
- Shinjinmei by Kanchi Sosan
Dates To Note
March 1, 2, 3 – Open Practice Period Sesshin
March 3 – Mahapajapati Memorial
March 3, 31 – Classes
March 6, 21 – Precepts Renewal Ceremonies
March 30 – Sangha Work Day and Potluck 10am-3pm
April 6 – Hike
April 7, 28, May 5 – Classes
April 7 – Buddha’s Birthday
April 5, 19 – Precepts Renewal Ceremonies
April 27 – Work Period 10am-noon
May 3,4 – Family-friendly Sesshin
May 5 – Maylie Memorial & Close Practice Period
The theme of the class series is "Affirming Trust in Mind - Non-separation informs our action". Five classes will be held on Sundays from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm (see above dates). Fees are $5.00 to $15.00 per class sliding scale and scholarships are available. You can attend classes even if you are not committed to the full Practice Period. Pre-registration is required for all those attending classes. Place registration forms in the envelope in the zendo or at Trillium on Sundays.
Guidelines for Participation in Practice Period
Practice Period information and Commitment Forms for participating in the full Practice Period are also available in the zendo and at Trillium on Sundays. Give half of your completed Commitment Form to Gene and keep the other half for yourself.